Rose Hip Oil
- Good emollient oil
- Extracted from the seeds of a rose bush
- Grows wild in the Southern Andes
- Contains anti-oxidant properties
What is Rose Hip Oil comprised of?
- Rose Hip Oil is unique among vegetable oils in containing retinol (Vitamin A)
- Vitamin C
- Essential fatty acids such as:
- linoleic acid or omega-6
- linoleic acid or omega-3
How do these ingredients aid in skin care?
- Vitamin A, which helps to delay the effects of skin aging
- Vitamin A assists with cell regeneration
- Vitamin A promotes collagen and encourages elastin levels to increase
- Vitamin E promotes healthy skin
- Both fatty acids, omega-6 and omega-3 promote healthy skin
What is Rose Hip Oil used to treat?
- Mature skin
- Sun burnt skin
- Brittle nails
Rose hip oil is an ingredient that many head formulators are starting to recognize as an important element in any anti aging skin cream. Once the petals fall off of a rose, what you are left with are rose hips. Rosehip seed oil is extracted from the seeds of a rose plant, which grows wild in Chile. The oil has been used by native people in Chile for centuries, and has only been validated by scientists fairly recently. There are many skin benefits that can be attributed to rose hip oil, including scar treatment.
Many scars, even those hard-to-treat acne scars, can be treated with rose hip oil, but the benefits of this renowned skin care product don’t stop there. Rose hip oil has been shown to treat dry eczema and sunburn. Since those are severe skin conditions, you can see just how important rose hip oil is.
Some of the other benefits that can be shown include wrinkle treatment, improved hydration, and cell renewal.
Which products can Rose Hip Oil be found in?
- Organic RoseHip Oil
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil Skin Care
- Mario Badescu’s Rose Hips Nourishing Oil
You may not find rose hip oil in most eye serum products, but you will probably find it in some of the best facial cleansers on the market. Using a facial cleanser with rose hip oil can benefit your skin and enhance the use of any anti aging eye serum. It’s always best to apply eye serums and similar products to a face that has been properly cleansed.