Nerium is an antiaging skin care product line that is touted for its antioxidant properties. There are four products in their catalog: Night Cream, Day Cream, Firming Body Contour Cream, and EHT. Together these are known as the NeriumAD Formula. The main ingredient in these products is nerium oleander (or their proprietary NAE-8 Extract), a toxic plant from Asia and the Mediterranean that is also known as asoleander. This plant has been used for centuries as a medicinal herb.
Their website boasts that with these four products you “provide your face with 24 hours of age-fighting skincare” while the body cream is formulated to treat problem areas like your hips (love handles), stomach, thighs and upper arms.
Let’s take a look at some of these products and what they purport to do.
Nerium Age-Defying Night Cream
This is their main product and is reminiscent of the other eye creams and eye serums that are reviewed on this site. It is said to fight the signs of aging as well as the underlying causes. The antioxidants in this cream protect from free radicals that come in contact in the skin, while it also boosts collagen production to firm up the skin and muscle underneath which prevents wrinkles. This product is meant for use on the face, neck and hands and is to be applied at night as part of your skin care routine at the end of the day to restore your skin’s health while you sleep.
Nerium Age-Defying Day Cream
This is a similar product to the Night Cream, though as you can guess by the name it is to be applied in the morning to protect you through the environment you are exposed to throughout the day. In addition to NAE-8 extract, this cream contains Vitamin E and CoQ10 to help shield your skin from oxidative stress. It also has moisturizing properties to keep your skin hydrated.
As this is a site dedicated to eye serums, I’ll just briefly cover the other two products. The Body Firming Cream is designed to target the trouble spots as described above. It firms up the skin and tones problem areas. It helps reduce blemishes such as skin dimples and cellulite.
The EHT Supplement is a dietary supplement taken orally to enhance the transmission of information between your brain and the rest of your body. These processes break down as we age, and this formula restores them to their best state.
- A complete system with four products that work in conjunction to give you total body and mind restoration
- Auto-ship program so you don’t have to remember to reorder
- The science behind it – you can tell a lot of research went into this product line
- Unique ingredient list
- Pricey products when compared to other skin care products on the market ($290 for the set of four products)
- Reports of a bad smell and inconsistent formula in their Amazon reviews
- While not every product works for everybody, there are many reports of adverse reactions if you click around the web
- Multi-Level Marketing company, which we do not endorse
Thanks for reading my Nerium review.