- Syn-ake is a relatively new ingredient that is derived from snake venom
- The Ingredient Won’t Bite You, but it will relax your wrinkles like no other ingredient
- The venom is made in Brazil and then transferred to Switzerland for further purification
Here is a general background about the ingredient and how it affects anti aging creams:
- The proud manufacturer is a fifty year old company called Pentapharm
- The compound is a synthetic tripeptide that works to copy the action of a “neuromuscular blocking compound of the venom of the Temple Viper”
How does it work?
- The venom works to paralyze, while this peptide copies only the component which relaxes the muscles (Waglerin 1)
- Pentapharm maintains that it acts similarly to Argireline, an ingredient well covered on this website and a primary ingredient in our top pick, the Elite Eye Serum.
- Syn-ake works similar to argireline in the fact that it works to interfere with the transmission of nerve signals to the muscles directing them to contract
- Pentapharm even goes on to say that the ingredient is significantly more powerful than Argireline. (Which we talk about here.)
Syn-ake Serum and It’s Benefits
This award-winning anti-wrinkle material that is based on a synthetic tripeptide that “mimics” the effects of a peptide which is present in the exact same venom present in the venom of the Temple Viper snake. This material was conceptualized by a company based in Switzerland called Pentapharm Ltd. News outlets have reported that they are the most massive group of snake breeders and keepers in the world.
The powerful anti wrinkle ingredient was given a Swiss Technology Award!
If you read the literature put out by the company, they state that it responds in a manner similar to a peptide in snake venom. Basically, it works to block receptors and keeps muscles in a relaxed state of mind. The angle here is that that this supposedly smooths out wrinkles, very similar to the manner that Botox is supposed to work.
How Syn-ake Reduces Wrinkle Depth
The company presents data from two studies. The first suggests that it has the ability to reduce muscle cell contractions in a laboratory test.
According to study number two, the data suggest that after 28 days of using a a Syn-ake serum or cream, you get a reduction of up to 52% in each wrinkle.
With impressive studies like that one, it’s no wonder this ingredient is being heralded by many Dermatologists.