As you already know, times are always changing. Things advance faster than we ever imagined possible, and new and exciting innovations are taking place all the time.
When many people think of skin care, they do not often consider it an innovative industry. But this is the wrong approach and a foolish way to think about this industry, because scientists and skin care specialists are coming up with groundbreaking procedures and products all the time.
Skin Treatments for 2016
And this is good for you, because they are working hard to fight back against the signs of aging. They are working hard to keep your skin in the best condition possible. And they are working hard to make sure that you are happy, satisfied, and filled with massive amounts of self-esteem as you go through life and get older.
No longer do we have to worry about prematurely aging because of all of the wonderful innovations that regularly happen as skin care procedures. This is always a good thing for all of us, and this is especially true for those that really care about their appearance and want to look their best as they age gracefully.
With that said, we will now take a look at the most popular and pioneering new advances in skin care procedures. By looking closely at the latest procedures, you’ll be able to determine if any of them seem like they would be an excellent fit to meet your needs.
Let’s look at the most popular and groundbreaking procedures sweeping the world of plastic surgery right now.
A silk peel is an interesting procedure because it actually combines two different skin care procedures to make one powerful and potent new innovation. It is a combination of exfoliation combined with dermal infusion. By combining these two procedures, the silk peel can deliver a topical dermaceutical while simultaneously exfoliating. And this all happens when operating on a closed vacuum loop system.
If you think this procedure sounds like it’s right up your alley, you probably have certain questions that you want answered. I will try my best to think of questions ahead of time and then answer them so that you can walk away from this having the information that you need.
Silk Peel Q&A
- What areas will a silk peel help to improve? It can help improve fine lines and wrinkles, superficial scars, rough skin, damage caused by the sun, dry dehydrated skin, acne, acne scarring, and uneven skin tones.
- Is this a safe cosmetic procedure? Yes, it is very safe. The simple procedure is noninvasive and it even helps to eliminate the risks of traditional micro-dermabrasion.
- How long does it take to perform a silk peel cosmetic procedure? The great thing about this cosmetic procedure is that it is very quick, so you’ll be in and out of the office in no time. It only takes about 20 minutes in total, and even better, the post treatment protocol is also very quick and easy.
- How will my skin look after a silk peel is performed? Once the procedure is finished, your skin will look healthy, renewed, warm and have a pinkish glow. The pink glow will fade in about 30 minutes, but all of the other wonderful benefits will last.
- Do I have to miss work in order to get this procedure? Quite frankly, since it only takes 20 minutes and the post treatment time is very fast, you could actually have this procedure done right on your lunch break. And this is a good thing because it will not require you to miss any social engagements as well, because your skin will look beautiful very quickly.
- How many times do I have to get this procedure before seeing great results? Well, it takes about 4 to 6 times before you start seeing the results that you desire. And you have to space out each treatment in 7 to 10 day chunks, so it’s going to take between a month to a month and a half before your skin starts looking the way that you really want it to.
An oxygen facial is becoming quite the popular skin care procedure. Madonna has even taken a liking to it.
There are a few things that you can expect from an oxygen facial. They include:
- it is a nonsurgical procedure
- it does not require any injections
- it does not require the use of any chemicals
- exfoliation is part of the procedure
- a mild facial steam is part of the procedure
- a machine is then used to introduce oxygen directly to the pores of your skin
Oxygen Facial Benefits
Now that you know a little bit more about the procedure, it’s also in your best interest to learn about the benefits. The best benefits of an oxygen facial include:
- encourages the growth of new skin cells
- encourages the growth of collagen
- helps to rid the skin of pollutants
- helps to rejuvenate skin pores
- is an excellent way to fight back against acne
- reduces the appearance of skin blemishes
- only experience skin redness for a short time after the procedure is complete before skin returns to its normal color
What is Dermaplaning?
This new skin exfoliating procedure is great because it can be performed every 3 to 4 weeks in order to experience maximum benefits. The great thing about this procedure is that it has the ability to remove dead skin cell build up, and if you are considering it, it must be performed by a dermatologist that is licensed within your state.
This is a quick treatment and it is completely painless. The procedure was designed specifically to remove vellous hair, also known as peach fuzz. And Dermaplaning provides a wide variety of benefits that include:
- the results are better than traditional microdermabrasion
- can exfoliate skin containing broken capillaries
- it’s a fast procedure that requires little down time
- it can temporarily remove fine hair
- can work in combination with a chemical peel
As you can see, there are many wonderful new advances in skin care procedures. The three that we shared today are providing fantastic results, so talk to a qualified dermatologist in your state to find out more information about them.